VGS vTiger Mail Manager Replacement
VGS Vtiger mail manager replacement is the definitive webmail client for Vtiger CRM that will close the gap between your CRM and your email client with one full feature webmail integration.
Managing email, is a crucial task in a sales or support person’s everyday operations. Doing so within your CRM allows you to streamline your sales operations, saving time and making sure all data is saved to your vtiger system.
The vtiger’s mail manager replacement is base on the open source software Roundcube. With tens of features that characterise every real email client, support for multiple languages, RoundCube is the most used email client in the web hosting industry.
We have extended RoundCube’s impressive list of features with the following improvements:
- Single Sign on with vTiger. You will only need to fill in your email information once.
- Contact, Lead and Account email address is autocompleted in TO, CC, BCC fields.
- Add a contact, lead or account directly from the email manager
- Add a ticket, to do or event from the email view.
- Sent and Receive emails are automatically attached to vtiger’s related account, contact or lead
- Support multiple sent address (You can send emails from multiples addresses but read only one)
- Email Templates Support
The module is the definitive replacement for vTiger mail manager that closes the gap between your CRM and your email client.
To try the module, please go to http://demo.vgsglobal.com we have already set up an email account so you can send and receive test emails from our server
Please consider the following test:
- Create a contact with you own mail address
- Send an email to this contact (The address will be autocompleted)
- Reply from your email
Both emails will be attached to the new contact you have just created.
Please keep in mind that the database refreshes itself every two hours so your email and contact information will be deleted from the server.
What’s the different to others emails modules also published by VGS Global?
One SMTP Per User is the extension with the lowest feature-set. It adds the possibility to set the SMTP settings per user.
The extension Multi FROM Addresses (Sent Email As) extends this behavior by letting the user add multiple SMTP settings.
And the extension VGS vTiger Mail Manager Replacement extends even that by letting the user see his inbox and send emails out.
Known Issues & Limitations
The following are known issues that cannot be resolved with the current version of RoundCube and Vtiger.
- When creating To-do or Event is not related to the Vtiger contact. Also, the description is not filled with the email contents. This is because those fields do not appear in the quickly create a screen. By default Vtigers’s does not allow to change this.
- Email templates tags ($contact_firstname for example) is only replaced by one address in the TO field. This a RoundCube restriction.
Will the module work with my email provider?
We have tested the module with Gmail, Google Apps, Yahoo, Office365 and a few custom-hosted email providers. If you still have doubts, we can set up a demo for you using your email account.
Will the module work on my server?
If you have doubts about your server, please contact your hosting provider and confirm that you can run “Roundcube” on your hosting account.
As a general rule, if vtiger mail manager works, then this module should work too.
I’ve changed my vtiger code to make the emails work. Will the module work?
If you have changed the code of your CRM, especially one of the email related files, please contact us before placing the order.
Can I manage multiple addresses from one instance?
Yes. Each user can read their own email account. The module allows each user to use multiple “sent addresses” but read only one email account.
How much disk space do the emails take?
Emails are attached to vtiger records, and only this record exist in the CRM. Otherwise, the emails are not stored on your server
I have opened an email, but its wasn’t attached to the contact. What happened?
Please make sure you have read access to that contact. If you can’t see the contact in vtiger’s listview screen, you can’t attach emails to it.
Does the module work exactly the same way as Mail Manager?
No. The module does not have the same features of vtiger mail manager. Please try out the demo to make sure the feature you need is there.
If you still have questions, please get in touch with us. We will be happy to help you.
- Small bugfixes
- Possibility to replace the Vtiger composes screen by RoundCube
- Roundcube updated to version 1.1.2
- Better synchronization between folders
- Possibility to disable the auto archive feature
- Better logging system – Webmail logs now can be activated the same way as Vtigers’ logs
- Add Loading message in list view
- Support for email templates (Limited. View Knows issues section of this page.)
- Bug Fixes:
- E-Mail are not attached when contact address is in the CC or BCC field
- Ticket description is not filled with the email contents
- Tickets are not related to the contact that send the email
- Bug fix. Organization emails do not work with autocomplete feature
- Support for Chinese and Japanese characters.
- Performance Improvements
- Bug fixing
- Attachments in received emails are now saved (Set up in features)
- Email contents, when email type is TEXT now, are correctly stored in the database
- When a ticket is created, the email content is saved into ticket description
- Improvements in performance and caching features
- Solved several bugs.
- Initial Module Release